I know, I've written about pancakes before, but these are absolutely THE most fluffy, wonderful and delicious pancakes I've ever had so they warrant a revisit of the topic. The secret is the "sour" milk which is made by adding vinegar to ordinary milk.
For an extra special treat, drop a few blueberries (fresh or frozen) onto each pancake right after you pour it in the pan.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 72
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 33g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- The batter will be thick because, in order to be fluffy, the pancakes need to be kind of thick. If you find it is TOO thick for you liking, add a tablespoon or two of milk to thin it out a bit.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com