Blueberry Pancakes for Two
Hot, fluffy pancakes make a wonderful weekend breakfast, but it’s such a production for just you and your friend. You wind up trashing the kitchen and throwing out a bunch of leftover batter.
This recipe is designed for two people. It makes just 6 pancakes and uses a single bowl.
Buy a basket of blueberries next time you are in the market and stick them in the freezer. This recipe uses them frozen, so you can conveniently make these pancakes any time at all.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup blueberries, frozen (don't defrost them)
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Add the milk, egg and butter and stir until mixed.
- The batter may be stiff and you might need to add a bit more milk to get it to the right consistency.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush with butter or neutral oil (corn or grapeseed) and drop batter into skillet about 1/4 cup at a time (slightly less). Sprinkle a few frozen blueberries on top.
- Wait about 4 minutes for the pancakes to get bubbly and then set. Flip them over and cook for another 2 minutes or so. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
(Photo courtesy of Elsie Hui via flikr)